A single battery can get you a long way in saving money from electricity bills and ensuring your home’s energy security
Whether you are looking to install solar panels or considering upgrading your solar system, you want to get the most out of your energy system. Having solar battery storage that can store excess electricity from your panels lets you experience great solar benefits. A single battery can get you a long way in saving money from electricity bills and ensuring your home’s energy security.
Top Benefits of Solar Storage
- Reduced Electricity Bills – Having a solar energy system alone can save you money by not relying too much on the grid. Adding a solar battery that can store excess energy generated by your solar panels will save you more money, or even lets you enjoy freedom from electricity bills. Though the upfront cost of installing a solar battery may seem costly, you will soon realize its long-term financial savings in no time.
- Energy Security – Whether it’s for work or for keeping your kid’s night light lit, electricity plays an important role in our day-to-day activities. For emergency situations like a power outage, a solar battery will provide your home light and power to keep going. In addition, a solar battery can store the excess electricity that your solar energy system has generated, which can be used during nighttime and rainy days.
- NO Noise Pollution – Unlike generators, solar panels and solar batteries do not create a loud noise that bothers the neighbourhood. If you are a generator user and looking for a better alternative, talk to a Stag Electrical professional now.
- Better for the Environment – Renewable energy sources like solar panels produce smaller to zero environmental footprints compared to electricity generated from fossil-fuel sources. Solar panels and solar batteries do not produce harmful emissions, therefore it is highly favoured in carbon footprint reduction.
The key components of solar battery storage include the following
- Battery Inverter / Hybrid Inverter – Inverters play a vital part in your solar battery system. It converts the energy output into a usable electricity form, to be used in your home or workplace. There are also batteries available on the market with a battery and inverter built into a single unit like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Battery – Batteries are used to store energy. They exist in several different forms, such as lithium-ion, nickel-metal hydride, or lead-acid. Lithium-ion batteries are the most common type of battery used for residential purposes. The most common types of lithium-ion batteries are LiNiMnCoO2 and LiFePO4.
3. Metering Device – When you install a battery system with your solar power system, the battery will charge with excess power from the solar panels and discharge from your house when there’s a shortfall of energy. The more excess or shortfall power, the faster it will charge or discharge respectively. You need a monitoring device to let the inverter know when these scenarios occur! A small metering device is usually installed out of sight, like behind, next to or inside your switchboard.
What is NextGen Solar Energy Storage Program?
The Next Gen storage program provides rebates for residential and small businesses in ACT (Australian Capital Territory) that avails solar energy storage from accredited Next Gen retailers. The household battery rebate is $3,500 (excluding GST) or 50% of the battery price (excluding GST) – whichever is the lowest. The battery rebate for businesses is calculated on a case-by-case basis.
Originally launched in 2016, the Next Gen storage scheme has successfully covered over 2,240 battery storage. The ACT Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction, Shane Rattenbury encourages all Canberra homeowners and business owners to take part in the program.
Why Choose Stag Electrical
Going solar is an investment that will benefit you in the long run, having a partner that you can trust and who values your investments should be the first step. Testified by our 5-star ratings and reviews, we are one of the pioneers in the solar and electrical service industry in ACT and NWS. Stag Electrical has been in the business for over 14 years and is a qualified and accredited NextGen retailer by the ACT government Climate Choices.
Our solar panels and solar batteries are guaranteed one of the highest quality available in the market to provide you with high-efficiency output. Our highly trained and experienced professional technicians are always ready to assist your concerns and discuss your investment return timeframe.
Are you Qualified?
The NextGen Storage rebate program is available for homes and businesses within the ACT including Hall, Tharwa and Oaks Estate, except Jervis Bay Territory. In addition, your new battery system must be:
- Paired with solar panels
- Connected to the electricity grid
- A new system that has not already been supported by the NextGen program
The Growing Awareness of NextGen – What to expect
The NextGen storage rebate scheme is one of the best programs ever made for Australia’s green energy modification. In a 2021 Australian energy statistics by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources of the Australian government, renewables reached 24% in 2021 from 21% in 2020. Solar storage batteries are seen to play a significant role in the integration of renewable resources all over Australia. Upgrade your solar system with our deals of battery storage and experience great benefits on your bills as well as reducing your carbon footprints.
More Solar Deals for You
- Premium Sungrow Inverter + 10KW Trina Solar With Your Choice of 10KW Split Type AC – Includes SunGrow 8kW single phase Inverter (up to 10 years warranty), 10kW TrinaVertexs 400W Phono Solar Panels (up to 15 years warranty), and your choice of up to 10KW split system aircon. Get this for only $15,000 with a free consultation from our solar professionals and worry-free installation by CEC accredited installers
- Premium Inverter + Battery – Maximise your solar energy investment with the Sungrow 9.6kw/h HV battery (10-year warranty) and the premium Sungrow 5KW Hybrid Inverter (10-year warranty) for $8999.
- Tesla Powerwall 13.5KWH battery + Installation – The ultimate prestige solar battery plus installation now for only $11,500.